Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One really easy meal and its very flexible is a stir fry. If you have chicken, beef, pork and any fresh or frozen vegetables- you are good to go. I defrost a pound of chicken, add fresh broccoli, carrots, onions, etc. I cook the chicken until its no longer pink (about 7-10 minutes). Take the chicken out- keep warm (I use the setting on the microwave- or just cover it). Add the veggies until tender and add the chicken back to the pan. I also make sauces (soy sauce with orange juice and a little crushed red pepper flakes) or buy some bottled sauces in the Asian section of the grocery store. I also like to make some instant brown rice. This is so easy and is ready in minutes- which is the key!

I can't wait to get some ideas from you guys! Please email them to me at olimom1@yahoo.com!

1 comment:

Amy Lynn said...

Hi - I love your Blog! I think that's so cool. We do have dinner together probably 6 out of 7 nights a week, however I won't even tell you how many of them are restaurant dinners! So I really need to get in a better routine of cooking. When Spanky gets home, he wants to play with the boys, he doesn't want to start cooking, and I'd rather him take the boys off my hands, but then I'm at a loss in the kitchen. My only comment would be that the recipie you gave for stir fry for example - for someone like me, you have to pretend like you're talking to a first grader. Do you cut the chicken? Do you put the vegetables in the same pan as you cooked the chicken in? Do you spray the pan or use olive oil???? I could go on and on - I'm clueless!! I do have some recipies I can add to your site though ofcourse they're not mine - most are Spanky's moms, but some of them I have actually made and turned out good! -Amy